Search for atmospheres
The Benny, Meadowville Station 1998
The Benny, Meadowville Station
The Benny and Chester, formerly Meadowville Station, an aging and now defunct train station, acting as a living museum. The city has built up around it, and the sounds of the passing traffic almost drown out familiar fingerpicking. The Benny is owned, and slowly being renovated by the granddaughter of one of the sister who made her living shining shoes and carrying luggage. Helping her run tours and renovate the museum is volunteer Les, who has always felt a strong connection to the Benny. During slow quiet times he can be heard playing a familiar song, taught to him from his heart, out on the platform. The Benny and Chester, commonly known as the Benny,was christened in dedication to the young boy and the mechanic, who were killed by a passing train, and who some say, can still be heard singing and playing if you listen hard enough.
Comments for "The Benny, Meadowville Station"
License details for "The Benny, Meadowville Station"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- church bell in the distance by Adeodatus +)
- Child Ghost by fastfoodhampster +)
- Guitar - Fingerpicking by http://freesound.org/people/JohnLaVine333/sounds/251203/ +)
- Ghostly Girl Singing by https://www.freesound.org/people/toiletrolltube/sounds/181318/ +)
- Bird Chirp 2 by keweldog from freesound.org +)
- Small Crowd Outside by s9ames +)
- Traffic on a Wet Road by sdfalk on freesound.org +)
- Traffic Jam by XTR from http://freesound.org +)