Search for atmospheres
Paris in the 19th century
You're sitting on the balcony of your parents' mansion in the centre of Paris. You've fled the salon where your mother hosts a soiree (mostly to find you a husband) and now you hope you can enjoy your book in peace.
Night has just fallen on Paris, but the city does not go to sleep. Gas lamps illuminate the cobblestone streets and the children still playing outside. Soon the children will go to bed and the streets will be filled with carriages, students and everyone who wants some entertainment for the evening - whether it's the theater or the opera or something entirely different.
You wonder whether you would be able to see the rumoured phantom tonight, if you were at the opera right now. They say he is always wearing a mask and you are so curious to see what he looks like.
It seems like your escape has gone unnoticed. The vines on the balcony shield you from unwanted looks from the house staff and with a soft smile you open your book.
Comments for "Paris in the 19th century"
License details for "Paris in the 19th century"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Lyon streets by CruZControL (source by netscraper from http://freesound.org) +)
- Craws by GSC game world *)
- Steam Train by jrosin from freesound.org +)
- Horse carriage on city street by Owl on http://freesound.org +)
- Amish carriages at night by rtb45 from http://freesound.org +)
- Steam burst by Sorry, can't remember +)
- bullmastiff barking by Tomlija from http://freesound.org +)
- Children Playing by yacou from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license