Search for atmospheres
Hall of Mirrors at the Palace of Versailles
Opening of the Hall of Mirrors
As the principal and most remarkable feature of King Louis XIV of France's third building campaign of the Palace of Versailles (1678–1684), construction of the Hall of Mirrors began in 1678. To provide for the Hall of Mirrors as well as the salon de la guerre and the salon de la paix, which connect the grand apartment du roi with the grand apartment de la reine, architect Jules Hardouin Mansart appropriated three rooms from each apartment as well as the terrace that separated the two apartments.
Comments for "Opening of the Hall of Mirrors"
License details for "Opening of the Hall of Mirrors"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- High Heels Walking by avakas from http://freesound.org +)
- Collecting glassess by By Mariusz jasionowicz - RareSound Production - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- Another Crowd by http://www.freesound.org +)
- Footsteps on Tiles by RutgerMuller from http://www.freesound.org +)
- French conversation, laughter by thorvandahl from https://www.freesound.org +)
- Pouring Wine by unimportant +)
- Female Opera Singer by Vivaldi +)