Search for atmospheres
last of the good nights with the one you didn’t know you lived
I think this is the end of som
You’re leaning against a big log on a warm summer night, the stars above clear above except for the occasional whisp of grey and the glare of the fire, and you’re gently strumming your best friend’s guitar and trying not to wake them as as they sleep beside you. You’ve been lazily keeping an eye on the fire, but mostly gazing out over the lake and watching the moon float away into the early morning. Many years from now you will be sent back to this moment when you catch just the faintest hint of the memory of lake and fire, and you’ll wonder where that friend is now, and if they ever got to travel to that beautiful mountain they wanted to climb, and if they still like their eggs over easy, and if they still think about your old dog, and if they’re still alive somewhere, remembering you, and if they were happy. And the you that is now sitting by the lake fades into sweet sadness in the memory of you many years from now
Comments for "I think this is the end of som"
License details for "I think this is the end of som"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Lake waves by Benboncan at freesound.org +)
- Lake St. Clair by bigfriendlyjiant from http://freesound.org +)
- Blowing grass in Wind by floft from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Campfire in the dark forest by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTXWoD9Nso +)
- acoustic guitar1 by Paul Langan +)
- Coyote Pack by Soundboard +)
- Blowing Wind by Unknown +)
- Breathing 2 by YouTube +)