Search for atmospheres
A conspiracy theory is an explanation of an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy—generally one involving an illegal or harmful act supposedly carried out by government or other powerful actors—without credible evidence.
According to the political scientist Michael Barkun, conspiracy theories rely on the view that the universe is governed by design, and embody three principles: nothing happens by accident, nothing is as it seems, and everything is connected. Another common feature is that conspiracy theories evolve to incorporate whatever evidence exists against them, so that they become, as Barkun writes, a closed system that is unfalsifiable, and therefore "a matter of faith rather than proof"
Comments for "Conspiracy theory"
License details for "Conspiracy theory"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Writting by Braffe2 from http://freesound.org *)
- Hanoi streets by caquet from http://freesound.org +)
- TV News in Living Room by Channel 4 +)
- Typing by jennypendel from http://freesound.org +)
- Mouse Clicks by LPSPurpleLPS from http://freesound.org +)
- Cigarette lighting + inhale by scarfield from https://www.freesound.org/people/scarfield/ +)
- LAPD police scanner by stomachache from freesound.org +)
- Box Fan (Continuous) by Torgeirr +)
*) Soundsnap.com license