Search for atmospheres
Welcome, Fellow Hufflepuffs!
Common Room (Hufflepuff)
The Hufflepuff common room is entered from the same corridor as the Hogwarts kitchens. Proceeding past the large still life that forms the entrance to the latter, a pile of large barrels is to be found stacked in a shadowy stone recess on the right-hand side of the corridor.
A sloping, earthy passage inside the barrel travels upwards a little way until a cozy, round, low-ceilinged room is revealed, reminiscent of a badger’s sett. The room is decorated in the cheerful, bee-like colors of yellow and black, emphasized by the use of highly polished, honey-colored wood for the tables and the round doors which lead to the boys’ and girls’ dormitories (furnished with comfortable wooden bedsteads, all covered in patchwork quilts).
A colourful profusion of plants and flowers seem to relish the atmosphere of the Hufflepuff common room: various succulents and cacti stand on wooden circular shelves and small, round windows just level with the ground at the foot of the castle show a pleasant view of rippling grass and dandelions, and, occasionally, passing feet. These low windows notwithstanding, the room feels perennially sunny.
Comments for "Common Room (Hufflepuff)"
License details for "Common Room (Hufflepuff)"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Papers Shuffling sc by mohomran +)
- Glass Chimes, Light by Niamh Augurey +)
- Birds Chirping Ireland Morning by Philip Colbert +)
- campfire by reinsamba from http://freesound.org +)
- silverware unwrapping by ScreenplayTheater from http://www.freesound.org +)
- -Cat Purring- by soundJet from http://youtube.com +)
- prairie winter wind by westbywest from http://freesound.org +)
- Leaves rustling by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license