Search for atmospheres
An abandoned house in the wasteland
Abandoned Rural House
You've been walking through the wasteland for days, nervously sleeping outside with no fire for fear of attracting unwanted attention from God knows what is out there. After reaching the crest of a hill, you see what appears to be an abandoned house and a small patch of trees not far off from where you stand. You approach cautiously, staying low and listening intently for any sounds that may indicate danger. As you draw near, you can see that there's a rusted windmill that still catches the wind every so often, making an unnerving creak as it slowly spins. From the front of the house, you hear the gentle ringing of wind chimes. Before everything went to Hell in the world, you were very fond of that sound. Now it seems out of place in this new land of destruction and emptiness. You peer into the broken and dusty windows but there clearly hasn't been anyone living here for a very long time; this seems a much better place for taking a rest than out there in the wild...
Comments for "Abandoned Rural House"
License details for "Abandoned Rural House"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Solitudo Winds loop by George Vlad of Alchemy Audio Design +)
- Grasshopper Chirr by martats +)
- Windchimes by Preston Stegall +)
- Field birds by Sandermotions from freesound.org (CC0 license) +)
- Quiet Breezy Leaves by Spleencast from http://freesound.org +)
- Creaky Windmill by spoonbender on http://freesound.org +)